Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Blog #23

When I went over the data I've collected so far on cell phones and there effect on our social communities, I stumbled upon some interesting points. My research question is not weather to prove if cell phones isolate us in or social communities or rather connect us(bring us closer), but it is to show HOW it connects and or isolates us. A reoccurring theme I constantly run into is the term "over-communicating". In my interview with my Mother, she went on to talk about how hanging out with friends was more valued before cell phones, and how there is a certain eeriness of a group of people being together, all communicating with other people in different places, but yet not saying a word. I still have one more interview to do with my good-friend, he is a year older then me and has had a cell phone since 7th grade. I'm going to compare the two types of answers between my mother and my friend, to see if age has an influence. My main focus will be to analyze the features that cause cell phones to be keeping us connected, as well as what features of a cell phone can keep us isolated.

No comments:

Post a Comment